A lot of information is only available in German. That’s why we offer women who do not yet have a good command of German courses in a number of languages, e.g. in Albanian, Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Somali, Thai, Turkish, etc. Because it’s important to have the right information, right from the start!
- Introduction, what to expect as an immigrant, how to find your way around the city
- “Typically Swiss?” From four languages to many
- Introduction to the geography, history and politics of Switzerland
- The city of Zurich: its history, facts & figures, politics, law and administration
- Living in the city: getting on with the neighbours and life in the suburbs
- Visit to a sitting of the local council, Zurich City Hall
- Visit to Hagenholz waste incineration power plant: what happens to our waste?
- Schools system
- Further education and work
- Social insurance and finance
- Health and health insurance
- A historic tour of Zurich’s “Altstadt”
- Course assessment, graduation, certificate award
* Costs for participants living in the city of Zurich. For participants living outside the city of Zurich, the course costs amount to CHF 320.00, child care CHF 90.00.
Applications can also be made directly at the Welcome Desk in the city hall. The Welcome Desk for the promotion of integration exists to offer you free information and brief consultations. There is no need to make an appointment. The desk is located in Zurich City Hall, Stadthausquai 17, on the fourth floor. It is open between 14.00 and 18.00, Monday to Thursday.
For further information, please call 044 412 37 37
or e-mail integrationsfoerderung(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)zuerich.ch.
See also www.stadt-zuerich.ch.